https://direct.ad.cpe.dotomi.com/w/get.media?sid=5097&placement_id=7a59861b-54b1-4166-c067-b27cabcd4d55&vpaid=2&m=11
Google Custom Search

BALTIMORE – First-year Coppin State head men’s basketball coach Michael Grant has been named as a member of the National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC) Division I Congress representing the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference (MEAC).  Michael GrantGrant

As a congressman, Grant will serve as a liaison between the coaches in the MEAC and the NABC.  Among some of his roles, Grant will participate in monthly conference calls and attend the annual meeting during the convention. In addition, congress representative coaches serve to both relay information from the NABC Board of Directors to fellow conference coaches as well as help survey the membership and garner support for the organization.

“It’s an honor to serve on this committee,” Grant said. “It gives me a chance to express our concerns throughout the country. I look forward to representing our conference on this committee.”

The NABC Congress was formed in 1992 to allow the NABC to work more effectively with the NCAA and its committees. The NABC Congress consists of one NABC coach serving as a conference representative for each of the divisions of NCAA Basketball.

Grant became Coppin State’s sixth head men’s basketball coach since 1964 on May 7. He will coach his first game at the helm of the Eagles at the University of Oregon on Friday, November 14. The Eagles’ first home game will be on Monday, December 1 against Division II Goldey-Beacom College.

A 15-year veteran, who has won 56 percent of his games, Grant comes to Coppin State from Division II Stillman College, where he was the head coach for the last six years. Grant was also the head coach from 2003-05 at Southern University (La.) where he replaced the legendary Ben Jobe.

s2smodern

Please consider supporting our work.

The pandemic has financial consequences, especially for Black-owned businesses. Ad revenue is shrinking so we are asking you directly for your financial support. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan or process your donation through Square